Friday, 22 March 2013

Mini Restoration

  So I have finally got round to sanding down my doors after I bought them last summer. Firstly I had to completely strip everything off them.

Here's the clever little organiser I made from cardboard! Organisation is so important when you have so many dirty parts that all look the same.

Managed to save the chrome door handles, which was a bonus as I was planning on buying a pair anyway!

After taking off the hinges I discovered a small amount of surface rust. This was sanded and treated to look like the image below.


Around 5 hours of sanding and the first door is ready. Just needs some apoxy primer on the areas showing bare metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment