Sunday 23 March 2014





I started off by creating some quick concepts for the binnacle, using my original sketches as a reference.
I quickly realised that the overall shape wasn't right so I extended it to fit the dash properly. Taking the steering wheel into account.

 A final rendering of the interface. All the relevant information will be displayed on the right binnacle and other settings are on the left. Using a mixture of graphics and colour to create a simplistic design.



First mock up of the new design. The length is good and the main dials fit inside the steering wheel. Using my tablet I drew over the top of this to figure out where I wanted the key styling lines to go. With the dash being quite wide I have tried to bring the focal point in towards the driver for better ergonomics. 


Finally some more refined concepts. Thinking of materials and where storage compartments could go - making maximum use of the space is key.


No comments:

Post a Comment